Title & Escrow Basics
"The Closing Process and the Benefits of an Owner's Title Insurance Policy" as seen on the hit television program, "Designing Spaces".
- Glossary of Real Estate Terms (from the American Land Title Association)
Preparing to Close
American Land Title Association's "Home Closing 101" resources page was designed with the consumer in mind to give them a simple rundown on the closing process and answer many of the commonly asked questions.
Title Insurance: How do I benefit?
- How Does Title Insurance Protect Homebuyers?
- 7 Reasons Every Homebuyer Needs Owner's Title Insurance
- Homeowners Policy
- Homeowners Policy Comparison Chart
For Real Estate Professionals:
- What Every Realtor Should Know About Owner's Title Insurance
- Title Insurance As A Tool To Sales That Close
- Red Flags on the Preliminary Title Report
When to order a Preliminary Title Report
- Whatcom County Courthouse Information / Hours of Operation
- Recorded Documents Online
- Common Recording Reject Reasons
- Real Property Auctions & Foreclosures
Businesses and Underwriters
Timelines per WLT Procedures
Whatcom Land Title Recording Department has two runs to the courthouse daily for recording at 10:30am and 2:30pm.
E-Recording is now available in Whatcom County for documents that do NOT require excise or items completed prior to recording. The cutoff time for E-Recording is 4:00pm and the original documents still must be submitted to Whatcom Land Title.